Students have the opportunity to work under the supervision of practicing attorneys in settings outside of the law school. Specific locations vary from one semester to another, but every effort is made to match each student with an office that addresses that student's primary interest. For example:
- Students interested in health law can work in the general counsel offices of several local health systems or hospitals like BJC or SSM, or be placed in the United States Attorney's Office to prosecute health care systems and providers.
- Students interested in trial work and criminal law can be placed in a number of local state prosecutor offices like St. Louis City, St. Louis County and the United States Attorneys' Offices in Missouri and Illinois.
- Students interested in civil litigation or public interest opportunities can work at the local offices of a number of organizations or agencies like the ACLU, the St. Louis City and County Counselor's offices, the EEOC, and the Attorney General's Office.
- Students interested in tax or transactional work can work with the IRS or the IRS Office of Appeals.
- Students interested in employment law, taxation, nonprofit law, or animal regulation can work at the world-renowned Saint Louis Zoo, a major nonprofit organization and a leader in animal conservation and management.
- Students interested in family law can work with attorneys from the Catholic Legal Assistance Ministry (CLAM), a project of Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of St. Louis. Students represent abused women in custody and support matters and serve as the guardians ad litem for abused and neglected children.
- Students interested in immigration law can work with the Catholic Immigration Law Project (CILP) as part of the Catholic Legal Assistance Ministry. One of the primary aims of CILP is to keep families together, so this project focuses on naturalization and adjustment of status cases, along with asylum cases and immigration violations.
Students interested in this clinic should contact Professor Susan McGraugh at email@example.com or call (314) 977-5201