Application Checklist and Procedure
Step 1: Complete a PLUS Program online application form
The application includes:
- Two short essay questions
- A character and fitness questionnaire
Step 2: Submit supporting documents
The following documents must be submitted together in one package or email
- Essays (If not submitted with application)
- Character and fitness explanation (If necessary)
Step 3: Have your recommender submit a Recommendation Form on your behalf
Application Deadline: All documents must be submitted by April 14, 2018
STEP 1: APPLICATION
- Please complete the PLUS Program Online Application
- Essays: The application includes two short essay questions which may be typed directly into the application, or you may submit the essays with the other required documents. The essay questions are:
- Explain your interest in the PLUS Program and how the program will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your academic and personal goals. (maximum 300 words)
- From your perspective, tell us how lawyers can serve their community, and/or work for change and social justice. Feel free to use examples of lawyers who have exemplified this type of service to illustrate your point. (maximum 500 words)
STEP 2: SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
The following documents must be submitted together in one email to email@example.com. Exceptions will be made only for transcripts sent directly from your institution. Unless instructed otherwise, all documents must be in Word or PDF format.
Resumes should include your employment history, education and academic awards and honors (please include information about your high school), extracurricular activities, and volunteer and community service.
You must submit a transcript for your current college. You may be asked to provide a transcript for all prior institutions. Transcripts may be official or unofficial.
Character and Fitness Explanation
If you answered "yes" to any of the questions in the Character and Fitness section of the application, please attach a brief addendum for each affirmative answer. Character and fitness disclosures will not necessarily preclude you from participating in the program but it is important to provide complete and accurate information.
If you did not complete the essay questions in the application, you may submit your answers with your supporting documents.
STEP 3: RECOMMENDATION FORM
Your application must include at least one Recommendation Form completed by a professor, employer or other suitable recommender.
Provide your recommender with a copy of the Recommendation Form and ask them to return it to the PLUS program at firstname.lastname@example.org or to the address below by April 14. Please make sure that you receive prior permission from your references for us to contact them by phone or email.
CLICK HERE for the Recommendation Form
SLU LAW PLUS Program
Saint Louis University School of Law
100 N. Tucker, Suite 1008A
Saint Louis, Missouri 63101
It is preferable for you to apply using the online application. If you need to apply using the paper application, please make sure that you submit your application with all the supporting documents.
CLICK HERE for the PDF version of the PLUS application.
You are responsible for making sure that your application is complete and that your resume, transcripts and any other supporting documents are submitted before the April 14 deadline or the March 31 priority deadline.
We strongly encourage you avoid waiting until the deadline to submit your application and supporting documents. Your application will be reviewed ONLY when all your required documents have been submitted. We will notify you before the deadline as to your completion status. All communication regarding application and admission status will be done by email.
Please feel free to email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.