Academic Records

The School of Law Registrar’s office maintains all student academic records. Information regarding enrollment verifications, transcript requests and other certifications and letters can be found below.

Transcript Requests

You may request your SLU transcript in one of two ways:

  1. Transcript Request Form – you can drop off in person, mail, fax, or e-mail the the scanned document to the School of Law's Registrar's Office. Normally, transcript requests submitted to the School of Law Registrar's Office are processed within 24 hours.
  2. Banner Self-Service - once logged in, select Student; select Student Records; select Request a Transcript. This request is submitted to the University Registrar's office. These requests are normally processed within two days.

There is no fee for University transcripts. Transcript requests are limited to five per day.

Enrollment Verification and Letters of Good Standing

You may request enrollment verifications and letters of good standing using the Letter Request Form. Loan deferment forms will also be processed free of charge. See our Enrollment Status Classifications for more information. Requests are generally processed in the order received and may take up to two business days to be completed. Consequently, requests should be submitted well in advance of any pending due dates.

Enrollment Status Classification 

Fall & Spring TermsFull-Time*Three-Quarters TimeHalf-TimeLess Than Half-Time
J.D. Program12 - 16 credits 9 - 11 credits6 - 11 credits5 credits or less
LL.M. Program12 - 16 creditsN/AN/AN/A


Summer TermFull-Time*Three-Quarters TimeHalf-TimeLess Than Half-Time
J.D. Program6 - 7 credits5 credits3 - 5 credits2 credits or less
LL.M. Program6 - 7 creditsN/AN/AN/A

*The three-quarter enrollment status is used only for Veterans Affairs benefits.

National Clearinghouse 

The Registrar's Office reports enrollment status information for all students enrolled in Law School courses electronically to the National Student Clearinghouse. Consequently, most lenders will be notified of students' enrollment statuses and will update their records accordingly. Students whose lenders do not participate in the clearinghouse, or those who need enrollment verifications for other purposes, such as rental agreements, may obtain them free of charge.

Related Links

Academic Record Privacy (FERPA)



PDF icon transcript_request.pdf41.12 KB