The Saint Louis University Law Journal is the oldest publication at Saint Louis University School of Law. Law students edit and produce the Journal, which the School of Law sponsors. Eminent scholars, judges, professors, practitioners and high-achieving law students author the articles for the Journal's four annual issues.
The Journal publishes four annual issues on a variety of legal topics. It is our goal to publish timely, pertinent and thought-provoking legal scholarship in every volume. Further, we seek to make publishing with the Journal a positive and enjoyable experience for the authors with whom we collaborate. Finally, it is our readers whom we endeavor to serve. Our readers are the final judge of quality, and the Journal seeks to improve in quality with each successive volume.
Notable scholars whose work the Journal has published in the past include the following:
- Justice Sandra Day O'Connor, United States Supreme Court
- Professor Thomas W. Merrill, the Charles Keller Beekman Professor of Law, Columbia Law School
- Professor Erwin Chemerinsky, Founding Dean, University of California, Irvine School of Law
- Professor Harold Hongju Koh, the Dean and Gerard C. & Bernice Latrobe Smith Professor of International Law, Yale Law School
- Richard H. Fallon, the Ralph S. Tyler, Jr. Professor of Constitutional Law, Harvard Law School
- Professor David A. Strauss, the Harry N. Wyatt Professor of Law, University of Chicago
- The Honorable Albie Sachs, Associate Justice of the Constitutional Court of South Africa
- Professor Jerold H. Israel, the Ed Rood Eminent Scholar in Trial Advocacy & Procedure, University of Florida Fredric G. Levin College of Law
- The Right Honorable Antonio Lamer, former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Canada
- Professor Samuel Estreicher, Dwight D. Opperman Professor of Law, New York University School of Law
For more information about Law Journal events, please contact Susie Lee, coordinator.