Saint Louis University School of Law was founded in 1843 and is the oldest law school west of the Mississippi River. The strength of the faculty, breadth of course offerings and extensive clinical and professional skills experiences provide students with a well-rounded legal education. The School of Law's rich history consists of strong connections to the community and a long tradition of public service. SLU LAW's location in the heart of the City of St. Louis, offers students unparalleled access to leading law firms, corporations, government agencies and non-profit organizations, and a unique opportunity to see the law in action.
The mission of Saint Louis University School of Law is to advance the understanding and development of law and prepare students to achieve professional success and personal satisfaction through leadership and service to others. The School of Law is guided by the Jesuit tradition of academic excellence, freedom of inquiry and respect for individual differences.
SLU LAW offers:
- Concentrations in 10 areas of law
- Three Centers of Excellence, including the Center for Health Law Studies, one of the nation's premier health law programs
- Eleven dual-degree programs
- A part-time program (day or evening)
- Extensive professional skills training through the Legal Clinics, moot court and trial advocacy programs for careers in litigation, transactional and non-traditional legal practice
- Opportunities to study abroad
- Merit-based scholarships, including 10 full-tuition scholarships
- Unparalleled public service opportunities
- A wealth of externship opportunities including the Semester in D.C. programs
There are many great resources for learning about SLU LAW, but we hope you start with our Admissions Office! We can send you information, talk with you over the phone, set up a meeting, set up a visit to SLU LAW or put you in touch with a member of the SLU LAW community who may be helpful to you. We love meeting prospective students so do not hesitate to reach out to us!
For more information on SLU LAW, check out our latest publications.
Saint Louis University School of Law
Office of Admissions
100 N. Tucker Blvd., Suite 986
St. Louis, MO 63101-1930
T: (314) 977-2800
F: (314) 977-1464
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.